Unfortunately, overpriced projects are becoming more and more common. With
websites like Houzz and Pinterest, they give the customer beautiful ideas
but with an unrealistic budget. While we all want our own over the top
dream home, it is important to keep our
needs before our
wants while planning your
Following these steps, you will be able to work with your designer to plan
your remodel on budget and without neglecting some you “Pinterest” ideas.
Take a good look at your home…
Make a list of necessary things to fix
- What’s in need of repair? Roof, siding, electrical, appliances
- What in the house is missing that you need?
Work on Financing/Budget
- Home Equity Loans from local bank
- Whatever your budget might be, make sure to set 20% to the side for unexpected
costs that may occur.
The most important thing is to be honest to yourself and your designer
about your budget. This will allow for you and the designer to plan appropriately
for the remodel.
Even though you have a budget it doesn’t hurt to look at some inspirational sites.
Better Homes and Gardens- great site for DIY projects that my suite the
wants in your remodel plan without cutting too much into your budget.
- Houzz- another great site to look at other’s ideas and previous work
of your designer. It is becoming very popular tool in the remodeling world.
- Pinterest- when you can filter through all the recipes and wardrobe ideas
there are some great remodeling inspirations.
Now that you have written down all your
wants, you need to prioritize them. Decide what your number one
want is that will make the remodel worth spending the money. Then, decide what
ideas would be special to you.
After you have everything in mind for your Baltimore County home, give
Post & Beam Design/Build a call today for a
free initial consultation!